The land was registered in the land office in Milwaukee, Wisconsin as early as 1834 and became part of the family estates. It was purchased in 1966 to establish a Shrine of reconciliation in the area of Southeastern Wisconsin. Mrs. Mashuda of Milwaukee gave a donation to build the Shrine. Construction on the facsimile of the La Salette apparition was begun in 1979 . Shrine was completed in 1980. In 1980, the Shrine of Our Lady of La Salette was completed and was dedicated by Bishop Richard Skalba. The outdoor Shrine is a replica of the site of the apparition in France and has seating for outdoor liturgies.
With the help of Our Blessed Mother, and friends such as yourselves, the work of bringing the words of her Divine Son will continue to bring hope, healing and reconciliation in the years to come.